Friday, March 26, 2010

Good Deed Challenge

Like I posted about earlier I made a run to Fry's :) But this trip not only left me with the "I saved WAY more money than I spent" high it also left me with that wonderful warm feeling of doing something nice. After going all the way through the check out I realized I forgotten some of the things my hubby told me to get. So back into the store I went to pick up the 3 things I needed. While standing at the self check out I eyed another person's cart and saw they were buying Toaster Streudel (however you spell it). I had picked one up earlier too at the not so great price of $2.19 - .35/1 MQ (tripled to $1) = $1.19. At the time I noticed that a few of my coupons for this item would be expiring on Saturday.... Now when I saw the items in the cart and quickly did the math that I had the amount of coupons they needed I froze. These people are going to think I am crazy! Who just walks up to another person and hands them a coupon? I didn't want them to feel like I was weird but I got over it and and went over the lady and handed her the coupons and told her they would get tripled and give her a buck off each of the items. She was so happy! I think I may have made her day :)

So here is my good deed challenge to you: give away some coupons. If you know you aren't going to use them and the expiration is coming up why not hand them out to some un-suspecting grocery shopper on your next trip :)

The great feeling you get from it will be worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Or you could just give them to me! It would make my day too!:) LOL

    ReplyDelete