Sunday, April 4, 2010

Albertson's Drama and Valley Fresh Steamers at Fry's

Yesterday I went into Albertson's to pick up my 6 BC Warm Delights... well of course it didn't go as planned. All of my coupons beeped and the cashier put through the first three and then decided that the last three (.75/1 MQ) couldn't be doubled. They weren't even the printable ones! He said that Albertson's only doubled THREE coupons per day. WHAT?!!!? Yeah, if my hubby and kiddo weren't waiting in the car and the line for Customer Service wasn't a mile long I would have fought. So I paid .80 cents with tax when I should have paid .05. I am debating on whether .75 is worth going back into the store. This is when having the store coupon policy with you would be helpful! Sigh... has anyone ever heard of this?

Also when I was at Frys I noticed a lot of the different varieties of Valley Fresh Steamers Veggies (with sauce) were on sale for $1.28 each. Pair this with the .40 MQ or the .50/1 IPQ from HERE to get them for just .28 cents each! I was also SUPER disappointed that my Fry's was all out of the .77 cent Birds Eye SteamFresh veggies! I picked up a rain check but I am hoping to go in on Monday or Tuesday to get them! I might even order more Qs now that I have some time with the rain check. My Qs all expire on 4/17. Gotta love the .23 cents overage on each!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the veggies, I might try and snag some if I go back for MORE cereal!

    I had issues at Albies this week too...
    http://desertdealsdiva.blogspot.com/2010/04/ughhh-albertsons-bait-and-switch-trip.html
    I emailed corporate and received a message on my machine from a different store.. which means I am on their radar list, because I didn't give my phone number or address or which store... Anyway, I haven't spoken with anyone yet, but if I try another trip, I will make sure I don't use 6 of the same coupons, so they can't give me the same crap that you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KC they weren't even the same coupon! Well they were for the same item. But 2 were .50/1 IPQs and 4 were MQs. The ones he allowed to double were the two IPQs (I had read your post and had prepared myself for them not to double them) and then one of the MQs... He manually rang them in as STORE coupons. Which is why they didn't double... at least that's my theory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks! I try that loophole with frys (different Q types) because I can get cashiers at my store that will strictly stick to the double 3 like coupons policy. Interesting that albies wouldn't abide by that.. Of course they don't really have a normal policy to refer to since they don't normally double anyway. I would contact corporate and see what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had trouble with Albertson's in CG yesterday too. I had a coupon for a cake mix that was a no expiration one. It was for .25 off. The cashier called over the manager and she put it in for only .25. I said that the sign said they were for more. I checked it did not say that it could not be doubled. The manager said that it was whatever the coumputer scanned at. Then she said it was because it was an old coupon! Do they really know what they are talking about? It is a very frustrating store to shop at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this happening...most stores will only double a coupon up to three times and then it is face value after that. Stinks huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon - I would call Albertson's Corporate office and let them know your issue. Next time just walk away and keep your coupon and use it at a different grocery store. I definately am not a fan of Albertsons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they have an eCoupon on Frys March 2 Savings (which is still going on till tomorrow) and after u shoot the basketball the eCoupons show one of them is for 1.00 off 2 Steamfresh! So you can possibly use the MFR coupon and the eCoupon and get a little overage! HTH :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to Fry's the other night, with the .35 off 1 bag of steamfresh coupons, hoping to score a nice overage... and my coupons only doubled to .77! I didn't get the .23 overage per bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon- I went to Fry's last night and the same thing happened to me with the Birds Eye Steamfresh veggies. But I was still happy to bring home FREE veggies :) My freezer is packed now! Anyone have a deep freezer they want to sell for CHEAP!?

    ReplyDelete